Role & Responsibilities Written and Agreed by All Members
We are the School Council at Pen y Fro Primary School. Article 12 of the Convention on Rights of the Child says ‘All children have the right to an opinion.’ We are the pupil voice and we act as a link between our class and other committees. We are always willing and able to put forward other people’s views in our meetings. We meet once a fortnight on a Tuesday to discuss any issues or concerns as well as any school initiatives.
• good listeners – Everyone in our classes feel comfortable talking to us;
• organised – It is our responsibility to make sure meetings happen in our class on a regular basis;
• assertive – The opinions of our classmates are just as important as everyone else’s;
• efficient – Class discussions must cover a lot of issues in a short space of time;
• fair – Everyone has the right to express a point of view;
• good communicators – we work with staff and children from across the school.