We are very proud to be a Platinum Flag Eco School.
We work extremely hard to help our environment and we feel passionate about making our world a better place to live for everyone.
Roles and Responsibilities Written and Agreed by the Environment Champions
We were chosen because we care for our environment and want our school to be eco-friendly. We meet every fortnight to discuss any issues and carry out any eco projects that are ongoing. In the autumn term, we complete an Environmental Review and then we draw up an Action Plan to keep track of projects for the rest of the year. This helps us to focus on areas in the school which could be even more eco-friendly. We sometimes send out eco letters to our community to give information on the projects we have ongoing in school and to remind people how to be eco-friendly.
Our responsibilities are: –
• To ensure that the whole school knows about the Eco-Schools programme;
• To empty and monitor the paper recycling bins weekly;
• To judge the most eco-friendly class each week and present them with the Feather Duster Award;
• To turn off lights when not in use;
• To write an eco-code for our school and refer to it throughout the year;
• To help to write action plans and participate in eco projects.
Pen y fro Eco Code
The Year 3 eco-committee completed a lunchtime survey of our food items to see which products contain palm oil.
Together, the class researched possible alternative food products which do not contain palm oil!
See the table below for some interesting food swap ideas!
'Palm Oil Free'
'Big Battery Hunt'